What will your life look like in 5 years, 10 year, and 20 years? These sound like typical interview questions but you really should be asking yourself these questions at least once a year even if you are not changing jobs right now. Read this article by Dr. Peter Diamandis on how the cost of living is changing and changing at a fast pace. What does this mean for you? Will your current job still exist in the future?
How we live and pay for things are changing fast and traditional jobs are being replaced by technology. Many people don’t want to face this reality and the longer they bury their heads in the sand, the harder the change will be for them.
Here are few recommendations for keeping current and designing your future life:
- Learn – Become a “Life Learner” and digest the latest trends and technology. Subscribe to an online course.
- Learn – Subscribe to Inc. magazine or Wired Magazine – learn more about what startup companies are doing and what other unique ways people are making money.
- Become a part of the “YouEconomy” – explore Taskrabbit or Etsy and start thinking about which services and products you can use to contribute to the new “YouEconomy” and to your bottom line.
- Network – follow thought leaders in the areas that interest you most. Are you interested in learning how Drones will be used and regulated? Do research. Explore who and where to be to learn about the topics and technologies that interest you most.
- Do Something – take action every day even it if is 5 minutes to enhance your skills and knowledge.
It is an exciting time and Today is the day to start investing in your future self! Good Luck and let me know what tasks you do to create your best future!
Source: Why the Cost of Living Is Poised to Plummet in the Next 20 Years By DR. PETER DIAMANDIS